[postgis-devel] RT_GeoReference problem

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Jul 11 08:22:25 PDT 2009

Jorge ArĂŠvalo wrote:
> Hello,

I've just got back after 10 days of being off-line and I'm looking forward
to dig the WKT Raster driver news -)

> I am using the last version of PostGIS and WKTRaster extensions from
> svn (r4092 of PostGIS and r4289 of WKTRaster). When trying to get
> georeference information from a raster column (select
> rt_georeference(rast) from table), I get an error that says the
> function "RASTER_getGeoReference" can't be found at
> /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/lib/rtpostgis.so (Debian Lenny system). I had
> a look on that object with nm and I couldn't find such a function, but
> I can see the function defined in PostgreSQL
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION rt_georeference(raster)
>   RETURNS text AS
> '$libdir/rtpostgis', 'RASTER_getGeoReference'
>   LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE STRICT
>   COST 1;
> ALTER FUNCTION rt_georeference(raster) OWNER TO postgres;

RT_GeoReference has been renamed to RT_GdalGeoTransform() along with
addition of new function RT_ESRIWorldFile(), see detailed log here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/4121

> So, the function is defined in PostgreSQL but not in the library object
> Several of other functions like rt_height, rt_width, rt_pixelsizex,
> rt_pixelsizey, rt_raster_envelope... work fine.

Also, note that these functions have been renamed too (rt_ -> st_ prefix),
see details here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/4124

Best regards,
--