[postgis-devel] RFC3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 09:46:00 PDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> *sigh* You're right, the fact that many of the system st_* variants
> that I hate, and want to remove, are underneath operators and types
> makes it impossible to get rid of them cleanly without losing soft
> upgrade.  I guess I will just have to move this to 2.0, when
> dump/restore will be mandatory.

For an upgrade between minor versions, I have no problem with manually
altering the catalogues as part of the update script. I think we need to
accept that we may need an upgrades/ directory containing .sql files to
allow upgrading between different versions.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk