[postgis-devel] Windows build

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 09:54:50 PDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Regina (cc'ed to dev list),
>
> I'm 4-square for providing experimental windows builds, we have a very
> large windows user contingent now, and having them help us find bugs
> means helping them get testable builds, so yes! We might have to
> distribute the builds the old fashioned way, since we probably don't
> want betas and rc's in stackbuilder, though perhaps Mark knows what
> the stackbuilder policy is?

The rules are reasonably simple: make sure that they are clearly
labelled as demo builds and put up plenty of disclaimers about not using
on production systems :)

I don't think that we should put experimental builds on StackBuilder as
otherwise I can see problems with people choosing the wrong download and
then getting upset. I see no reason not host them on refractions.net in
a beta/ directory and posting the URL to the users list, as I have done
several times in the past.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS