[postgis-devel] Issue 121 in postgis: update tiger_geocoder to run in PostgreSQL 8.3 (patch attached)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 2 01:52:29 PST 2009

Updates:
	Labels: Milestone-1.3.X

Comment #1 on issue 121 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: update
tiger_geocoder to run in PostgreSQL 8.3 (patch attached)
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=121

Thanks for the patch.

On review, there are several things in this patch which don't make sense
with respect
to the definition of the geocoding tables. My main confusion is as to why
the
geocoder feels the need to cast integer fields to padded text for
comparision with
another integer field to begin with? These parts of the query will never be
able to
use an index to start with...

I think that we need to go over the geocoder in conjunction with this patch
and
re-write several of the joins to remove some of the text padding. I suspect
when this
is done then the errors under 8.3 will just go away.

Setting to 1.3 as people have mentioned this several times before, and
hence this
should get picked up into 1.4 too.

ATB,

Mark.