[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS infrastructure

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 10:08:05 PDT 2009

Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> It's back up again.
>
> Yeah, Mark, I hear you.  And having more than a couple of people with
> root access to such an environment (esp. in different time zones) would
> indeed be welcome.
>
> I was just talking with a few folks here and we would be OK with the
> postgis repository moving elsewhere.  We realize that the hosting box is
> incredibly old and in *desperate* need of TLC.  We are also extremely
> busy and find it tough to give the box the attention it needs.
>
> So, we're open the idea.  Come up with a strategy and specifics, and
> we'll try to work out the details.

Hi Kevin,

That sounds great - anything that we can do to reduce any individual's
workload as always a good thing.

As I mentioned before, I can think of 2 hosting options worth exploring:

i) postgresql.org
ii) osgeo.org

OSGeo would seem to be a good fit, however I seem to remember from
previous discussions that anyone with an OSGeo account also has commit
access to any project. Personally I don't believe this is a good thing,
from either a spam or management point of view. Can anyone related to
OSGeo confirm whether this is still the case or not?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk