[postgis-devel] Issue 135 in postgis: Upgrade geocoder to use the new tiger 2008 files

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Mar 13 10:50:17 PDT 2009

Comment #1 on issue 135 by sfr... at snowman.net: Upgrade geocoder to use the
new tiger 2008 files
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=135

I've already updated the geocoder itself to use the TIGER 2007/2008
shapefile data.
I'm working with someone else on improving it further as well as improving
the load
scripts to build the whole system.

If you have git, you can pull the latest from here:
http://www.snowman.net/git/tiger_geocoder

Once it's working well with the import scripts, the 2008 data, etc, I'll be
committing it back to the PostGIS SVN.  I'm on the hook to complete this
work before
PgCon 2009 (in May).