[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Requirement of PostgreSQL

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Mon Mar 16 04:05:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to ask and discuss what is (or should be) oldest
version of PostgreSQL required by WKT Raster.

Currently, the chain of dependencies is a follows:

PostgreSQL <- PostGIS <- WKT Raster

WKT Raster requires [1] PostGIS of current SVN trunk
and PostGIS 1.3.5 does not work here.
According to the SVN manual, PostGIS in trunk requires PostgreSQL 8.1+
It implies, WKT Raster requires PostgreSQL 8.1+ as well.

So, I would like to confirm WKT Raster requires PostgreSQL 8.1+
and that we can safely use features of PostgreSQL 8.1+.
For instance, I would like to switch to new-style function declarations
available in PL/PGSQL of PostgreSQL 8.0+, and get rid of aliases.

Any objections?

[1] http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/spike/wktraster/README
[2] http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch02.html#id2896933

--