[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS infrastructure

Jeff Lounsbury jeffloun at refractions.net
Mon Mar 16 15:51:34 PDT 2009

Official Refractions Response below... :-)

We are pretty much OK with whatever the community wants in terms of PSC,
and project infrastructure etc. There are basically only two things that
we would not agree to do which are:

1) Copyright. I'm not sure what exactly going into incubation means with
regards to copyright. One thing in particular that we would not do is
assign copyright to someone else to allow the licenses to change etc. I
haven't seen anything about this so I will assume that is not necessary
to go into OSGeo incubation.

2) Website. We do feel our postgis website is a valuable asset to our
consulting marketing/advertising so we cannot agree to just shut that
down and point everyone at a generic OSGeo site. Maybe we can incubate
the other things first: svn, bug tracker, etc then see if anything
changes, but for now we'd rather leave the site as is.

Cheers,
-Jeff

--
Jeff Lounsbury, Senior Manager