[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS infrastructure

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 16 16:12:40 PDT 2009

Jeff Lounsbury wrote:
> 1) Copyright. I'm not sure what exactly going into incubation means with
> regards to copyright. One thing in particular that we would not do is
> assign copyright to someone else to allow the licenses to change etc. I
> haven't seen anything about this so I will assume that is not necessary
> to go into OSGeo incubation.

Jeff,

To confirm, OSGeo incubation does not require copyright assignment.
Some projects have chosen to pursue this to make license changes easier
but it is up to the project.  We (OSGeo) only require that the code be
under an OSI approved open source license and that some reasonable degree
of care is taken to ensure code is properly contributed to the project.

Best regards,