[postgis-devel] Doxygen linking is pretty neat

strk strk at keybit.net
Sun May 3 16:33:32 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 07:48:57PM -0700, Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> Yes, JavaDoc does have briefs - it's typically interpreted to be the
> first sentence (or more precisely,  up to the first period) in a comment
> description block.

>From my experience it may need an explicit \brief (or @brief but I've been
using the former) when it spans multiple lines (no matter period existance).

So what I usually do is try to keep briefs on a line or fallback on

/** \brief
 * something
 * like this
 *
 * long desc here
 */

> Also, as you noted, hyperlinking is done using the {@link method_name}
> tag ... I have no idea if this is respected in Doxygen though ... you'll
> have to experiment.

It's often automatic if Doxygen knows about a symbol.
Not sure actually about C, but in C++ sometime it'd take a fully-qualified
name to make that automation work.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!