[postgis-devel] 1.4.1rc1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Nov 24 02:03:53 PST 2009

Greg Troxel wrote:

> I built this on an Intel Mac, 10.5.8, via pkgsrc (I am resurrecting the
> postgis pkg) against postgresql 8.4.  There were various troubles
> installing the postgis shared library (.dylib), plus a complain about
> lwgeom static lib being included in a dynamic library.  After working
> around things by hand I got it to build and pass make check.
>
> I have a longer note being composed about the details, but I wanted to
> mention that there seem to be issues on mac, and to ask if others have
> been successful building on macs.  Aside from the mixing of .a/.so which
> seems nonportable, I think all my troubles are about mac shared
> libraries and pgxs support of those shlibs.

I suspect you are seeing similar issues here that we see with several of
the Solaris packages in that several of the pre-built packages have
incorrect PGXS makefiles. Typically we see that the packagers point to
non-existent locations for certain headers/libraries and even the
compiler themselves, since the location of various tools on the
packager's machine don't always match the locations provided by the
other real packages.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS