[postgis-devel] Geog/Geom Hack

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 30 17:24:30 PDT 2009

Paul,
I would rather you didn't for 2 reasons

1) I'm lazy and for each of these things we'd have to apply the text
additional function proto hack to prevent from it breaking geometry.  which
we will probably end up taking out anyway.

2) I don't like the hiddenness of it since it becomes especially annoying if
you have your native in geometry and you are converting to geography for a
special usecase, then you end up with a slower implementation

as you would really end up doing accidentally

geometry -> geography -> geometry ->operation (and why do I want my calcs
done in UTM?)

Instead of the more efficient

geometry -> operation

Thanks,