[postgis-devel] How are these concepts managed in PostGIS?

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Mon Aug 30 09:42:30 PDT 2010

Tolerance in the way that Oracle uses it is not supporting in PostGIS.
Instead, functions such as spatial predicates and overlay operations (eg
intersection) are computed using the full precision of the DP floating
point numbers.  (Intternally GEOS does support the concept of a
user-defined precision model, but this isn't exposed in PostGIS).

I'll let someone else speak to M-value support.