[postgis-devel] [WKTRaster] Setting properties on a raster

David Zwarg dzwarg at avencia.com
Sun Feb 21 10:10:23 PST 2010

Greetings,

I'm looking at setting the properties of a raster.  I managed to
figure out how to set the SRID pretty easily:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/423

I'm thinking about ST_SetPixelType now, and I'm wondering how you want
to handle the data conversions.  It seems like when the pixel type is
changed, the raster data will need to be processed and either
truncated or re-allocated, as the pixel type is changed.  Is that
correct?

A also noticed that ST_SetWidth and ST_SetHeight are not in the spec,
is that intentional?  Would it ever make sense to set the height and
the width?  In one sense, ST_SetPixelType is performing the same kind
of truncation/expansion on the bit depth as ST_SetWidth/ST_SetHeight
would perform the truncation/expansion in the spatial dimension.
Should ST_SetPixelType be dropped if ST_SetWidth and ST_SetHeight are
not implemented?  Or should ST_SetHeight and ST_SetWidth be
implemented as well?

Thanks,
Zwarg