[postgis-devel] Database Architecture

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Tue May 4 12:51:06 PDT 2010

I'm not sure that separating your data into separate schemas will do
anything more for you than just separate tables.

You should probably look into the table partitioning and inheritance
features of Postgresql, it seems that it should be very applicable to
your use case.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ddl-partitioning.html

Chris