[postgis-devel] mingw autotools

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu May 13 02:38:07 PDT 2010

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> It got more confusing, unfortunately. I had an older VM configured
> exactly to the old wiki page and the autotools there spit out a usable
> configure. So the problem (maybe?) is with moving up to the latest
> minor version of MingGW? So I don't know what the answer is except
> that building with MinGW is impossibly confusing. If VCC can offer a
> saner build situation it might be worth the time spent to just suck it
> up and go to a pure VCC build. Proj and GEOS already build in VCC as
> does pgsql so it's just postgis to do...
>
> P.

FWIW MingW has recently taken a huge leap forward in that the native
build of GCC 4.5.0 now builds out of the box without any downstream
patches. Hence there has been a flurry of related package updates on the
website to upgrade from the old GCC 3.4.5 version.

I would recommend working with the latest version moving forward, which
I also believe finally contains a fix for the GEOS vsprintf() build bug.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk