[postgis-devel] mingw autotools

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu May 13 03:59:02 PDT 2010

On 13/05/10 09:28, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> +1
>
> I like the idea of being able to produce a native VS compiled build
> and still have available the goodness of what MingW/Msys almost did
> --- a fairly consistent compile process across all Oses And one set
> of configurations to worry about.
>
> Mat, my understanding is that that is what Cmake will provide.  Is
> that correct? The question is how much effort is it to get it going.

Yes, correct.
There is a concept of (pluggable) generator in CMake.
CMake already provides number of generators (list's growing) for popular
build systems. Makefiles for MinGW, MSYS and similar environments are
included:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#section_Generators

Best regards,