[postgis-devel] mingw autotools

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu May 13 02:46:50 PDT 2010

Paragon Corporation wrote:

> +1
>
> I like the idea of being able to produce a native VS compiled build and
> still have available the goodness of what MingW/Msys almost did --- a fairly
> consistent compile process across all Oses
> And one set of configurations to worry about.
>
> Mat,
> my understanding is that that is what Cmake will provide.  Is that correct?
> The question is how much effort is it to get it going.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

I think that if we do move to CMake then we should try and keep one
build system across all OSs. Hence we shall need CMake to generate MSVC
project files under Windows and PGXS-compatible Makefiles for all other
OSs. Anyone know if this is possible? (I know that CMake got a lot of
love from the KDE guys and so probably has a lot more functionality than
last time when we looked at this).

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS