[postgis-devel] measures test fail

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 18 08:39:31 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 03:42:58PM +0200, Nicklas Avén wrote:
> Hallo Sandro
>
> I was about to do the same a few weeks ago when I realized that
> snaptogrid is only workin in 2 dimensions now.
>
> I think we said then we should open up for the third dimension in
> snaptogrid to. As I understand it it is all prepared (you are the author
> aren't you :-)  ). I have not looked at it since the discussion on the
> list a few weeks ago, but maybe it is easier and faster for you to open
> up for 3D snapping.

Seems like done already, from postgis.sql.in.c:

-- SnapToGrid(input, point_offsets, xsize, ysize, zsize, msize)
-- Availability: 1.2.2                                                          CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ST_SnapToGrid(geometry, geometry, float8, float8, float8, float8) AS 'MODULE_PATHNAME', 'LWGEOM_snaptogrid_pointoff'
        LANGUAGE 'C' IMMUTABLE STRICT;

Does up to 4d..