[postgis-devel] LWGEOM for PostGIS 2.0

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Sun Sep 5 11:16:34 PDT 2010

Is vertical datum a separate concern from CRS? Or is a CRS a compound
element including vertical datum, horizontal datum, and projection?

I was thinking that we will use GBOX for the box when we update
LWGEOM, so cover all our dimensional bases. The idea is to upgrade
LWGEOM just enough to mesh with the GSERIALIZED form used by
geography, and flip geometry over to use GSERIALIZED with it.

The question of whether vertical datum needs separate storage ceases
to be academic if we need to serialize it separately. Do we?