[postgis-devel] The best way of adding the raster code

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Sep 23 10:02:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm adding the WKT Raster [1] (now PostGIS raster) code to the PostGIS
trunk. I've created a separated folder, named "raster" in the PostGIS
root. All the raster stuff is inside that folder. Then, I've added
some macros on configure.ac, to configure the PostGIS Raster sources
*only* if "--with-raster" option is provided at configure time.

I've modified the GNUMakefile file to add the raster rules, but the
point is I only want these rules added when I explicity say (with
"--with-raster" option) I DO want to compile raster stuff at configure
time.

So, what's the best solution here? I want to cause the less impact to
the current PostGIS source code, of course.

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS