[postgis-devel] The best way of adding the raster code

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Sep 23 10:17:44 PDT 2010

2010/9/23 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm adding the WKT Raster [1] (now PostGIS raster) code to the PostGIS
> trunk. I've created a separated folder, named "raster" in the PostGIS
> root. All the raster stuff is inside that folder. Then, I've added
> some macros on configure.ac, to configure the PostGIS Raster sources
> *only* if "--with-raster" option is provided at configure time.
>
> I've modified the GNUMakefile file to add the raster rules, but the
> point is I only want these rules added when I explicity say (with
> "--with-raster" option) I DO want to compile raster stuff at configure
> time.
>
> So, what's the best solution here? I want to cause the less impact to
> the current PostGIS source code, of course.
>
> Thanks in advance, and best regards,

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster

Sorry, I forgot to say my idea is I should create a Makefile.in file
at root level, and allow ./configure to generate raster stuff only in
case "--with-raster" option is provided. But I'm not sure.

Thanks again,

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS