[postgis-devel] The best way of adding the raster code

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Sep 23 10:51:34 PDT 2010

I think rather than dropping a Makefile.in into the root, you should
have a 'raster' target in GNUMakefile, a 'raster-clean' target, etc,
etc.

The --with-raster flag in the configure.ac will set @values@ and also
conditionally do the checks for the raster-only dependencies (GDAL).

Inside the raster directory itself, you can have a Makefile.in, and in
the case where the --with-raster flag was not set, it can just do
nothing in its compile/clean/etc phases.

Then, when it's time to make raster a default/required part of the
build (which will happen before 2.0), we just remove the --with-raster
from config.ac and the checks in the Makefile.in in the raster
directory.

Sound OK?