[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1152: SRID_MAXIMUM should be raised, gserialized_get/set_srid () should be patched and typemod int too

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 6 23:49:01 PDT 2011

#1152: SRID_MAXIMUM should be raised, gserialized_get/set_srid () should be
patched and typemod int too
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  vince    |       Owner:  pramsey
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  postgis  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:  invalid  |    Keywords:  srid liblwgeom
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by vince):

 Okay Paul. Thanks for the info, but that means telling the IGN they should
 change somehow their definitions, or, at least, propose aliases in their
 IGNF_spatial_ref_sys.sql file.

 Now, what about existing databases? I suppose there are a lot of French
 databases using 310024140 as SRID. Myself, in the magazine I write, have
 recommended to use exclusively the IGNF SRID rather than it's EPSG
 equivalent that does not support the extra grid-based precision. Will all
 these tables have to undergo an SRID modification?

 Now, an additional question: why was that “typemod” composite object
 mapped to an int32 through bitfields? I mean, we ain’t living in the world
 of ZX81, Apple IIs or whatnots anymore: We’ve got plenty of memory, C
 supports structs, so what was the point?

 Cheers,
 Vincent

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1152#comment:7>