[postgis-devel] problems with tiger_2010 loading

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Dec 18 21:16:05 PST 2011

> ${SHP2PGSQL} -c -s 4269 -g the_geom   -W "latin1"
> tl_2010_11_state10.dbf tiger_\
> staging.dc_state10 | ${PSQL} -d ${PGDATABASE}
>
> and the above ERROR is coming from this SQL command generated:
>
> SELECT
> AddGeometryColumn('tiger_staging','dc_state10','the_geom','426
> 9','MULTIPOLYGON',2);
>
> Josh

Josh,

Which version of PostGIS are you running on.  Do a

SELECT postgis_full_version();

The error above usually happens if your spatial_ref_sys table is empty
and/or does not contain the 4269 SRID. Verify your spatial_ref_sys table is
populated.

Hmm I'm suprised we have the srid quoted in shp2pgsql since it shouldn't be
because its an integer, but that's a separate issue needing its own ticket
and shouldn't be causing any issues.

Can you also confirm for us which version of shp2pgsql you are running.

Just launch shp2pgsql without any args and it should have something like:
RELEASE: 2.0 USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1 (r$Id: shp2pgsql-core.h 7713
2011
-08-09 09:51:52Z strk $)

Just want to rule out any issues that may have arisen with the loader since
its been a while since I've had to load tiger data.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us