[postgis-devel] problems with tiger_2010 loading

Josh Kupershmidt schmiddy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:17:38 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> Which version of PostGIS are you running on.  Do a
>
> SELECT postgis_full_version();

I'm using a recent SVN checkout of postgis with PostgreSQL 9.1.1.

gis=# SELECT postgis_full_version();
NOTICE:  Function postgis_gdal_version() not found.  Is raster support
enabled and rtpostgis.sql installed?
                                           postgis_full_version

--------------------------
 POSTGIS="2.0.0SVN" GEOS="3.2.0-CAPI-1.6.0" PROJ="Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September 2009"
 LIBXML="2.7.8" USE_STATS
(1 row)

> The error above usually happens if your spatial_ref_sys table is empty
> and/or does not contain the 4269 SRID. Verify your spatial_ref_sys table is
> populated.

Ah, right. I loaded in spatial_ref_sys.sql (maybe the tiger_2010
README should mention this), and am now getting farther, at least. I
get to:

"pk_dc_county_lookup" for table "dc_county_lookup"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  relation "tiger_data.dc_county" does not exist

now. I haven't had a chance to poke into why that's happening yet.

> Can you also confirm for us which version of shp2pgsql you are running.

RELEASE: 2.0 USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1 (r$Id: shp2pgsql-core.h
7713 2011-08-09 09:51:52Z strk $)

Josh