[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] Dropping the PostGIS Java components

Maria Arias de Reyna marias at emergya.com
Wed Dec 21 07:27:18 PST 2011

El Miércoles, 21 de Diciembre de 2011, Sandro Santilli escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:13:50PM +0100, Maria Arias de Reyna wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 21 de Diciembre de 2011, Sandro Santilli escribió:
> >
> > I don't know about the ejb* and pljava directories, but the jdbc driver
> > should stay there as it should be the "default" way to access a postGIS
> > database from Java. For example, the HIbernate Spatial extension uses
> > this driver[1].
> >
> > Are you sure there is no-one maintaining it? Yesterday there was a
> > commit[2].
>
> It was mine, but couldn't test it. Can you ?
>
> > Anyway, if you need someone to maintain it, I can take a look as I am
> > interested on the continuity of this driver.
>
> Yes Maria, we do need someone to maintain it and you're very welcome.
> If you're not subscribed to the development mailing list please do so
> and state your interest for the role. Thank you !

Well, here I am.

I know that probably you have never heard about me, but if the Java driver for
PostGIS is abandoned, I think I can make a bit of a maintaining. I have been
developing with PostGIS and Java for a few years and I have done some
customizing of the driver on my own, so I guess that I can help with it.

Besides downloading and compiling the code, is there anything else I should
know/do before starting the work? Anywhere I should apply?

--
María Arias de Reyna Domínguez
Área de Operaciones

Emergya Consultoría
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 / +34 607 43 74 27
Fax: +34 954 51 64 73
www.emergya.com