[postgis-devel] Candidate Java components maintainer

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Dec 21 07:39:26 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 04:27:18PM +0100, Maria Arias de Reyna wrote:
> El Miércoles, 21 de Diciembre de 2011, Sandro Santilli escribió:

> > Yes Maria, we do need someone to maintain it and you're very welcome.
> > If you're not subscribed to the development mailing list please do so
> > and state your interest for the role. Thank you !
>
> Well, here I am.

Welcom aboard !

> I know that probably you have never heard about me, but if the Java driver for
> PostGIS is abandoned, I think I can make a bit of a maintaining. I have been
> developing with PostGIS and Java for a few years and I have done some
> customizing of the driver on my own, so I guess that I can help with it.
>
> Besides downloading and compiling the code, is there anything else I should
> know/do before starting the work? Anywhere I should apply?

Acting is your application.
File tickets with your patches for things that go wrong.
When out of issues let us know as I'd have a few :)

You'll need an OSGeo account for filing tickets.
Once you do let me know your account name and I'll create a "java" component
and have issues created for such component assigned to you.

An official involvement will need a formal approvement by the PSC but
don't let bureaucracy bite you ...

--strk;