[postgis-devel] Raster: band stats api test taking 1.2Gb VM

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue May 17 08:17:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 08:07:53AM -0700, Bborie Park wrote:
> I probably need to make the test raster significantly smaller, at
> least for what is sitting in trunk.

I think regress test is for testing correctness, not performance,
unless you can automate checking for speed or memory usage degradation
(which would be nice, but I'd still do as a separately triggered test)

As for input size there's likely the possibility for create rasters
using a set of function calls, so the repository remains smaller
(but I'm not sure this is what you were referring to with "smaller").