[postgis-devel] Should we start using default args now?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue May 17 12:40:13 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 01:41:29PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> I like that.  Though we should start with Bborie's first (which doesn't
> require drop anything since they are so new)

I was going over the topology.AsGML family of overrides too
as per ticket #955 and noticed that an override might give you
the option of switching between VOLATILE and STABLE.

Not sure it really buys you something but when AsGML is passed
a NULL value for the "visited" table then you can say the function
will be STABLE (only read the db, never write it), while a non-NULL
value will make it be VOLATILE.