[postgis-devel] Out of DB regression tests for ST_AsGDALRaster

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Sat May 21 09:43:32 PDT 2011

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if there are any issues to creating regression tests
that run outside the database, such as regress/test_index_concurrency.
 The reason I ask is because the current regression tests for
ST_AsGDALRaster will fail depending on the version of GDAL used and
how GDAL was compiled.

The current regression tests compare the generated md5 checksums
against the expected.  I'd like to create a shell script (like
regress/test_index_concurrency) so that I can use the gdalinfo
utility, which in my testing has shown that though checksums from
ST_AsGDALRaster are different, the data within is consistent and
correct.

So, are there any issues to having a shell script based regression test?

I attached a file to ticket #957 containing the raster outputs for the
ST_AsGDALRaster regression queries for four different GDAL versions
(1.6.3, 1.7.3, 1.8.0, 1.9.0 r22405).

Thanks,
Bborie

--