[postgis-devel] Geodetic issues

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Sep 1 14:54:55 PDT 2011

For what it's worth Chris -- it uses the

_BestSRID functions (_st_bestsrid(geography, geography) ,
_st_bestsrid(geography) to arrive at best SRID for both geometries  then the
rest is just plain transformation.

I think at the Poles it uses stereographic something or other.

Paul can correct me if I misspoke.

Thanks,
Regina