[postgis-devel] liblwgeom.so

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:50:56 PDT 2011

>FYI, I talked to Frank tonight, and he's totally open to having
>something like CleanGeometry in OGR. So that door's open if we want to
>go through it.

Hi,
I like to understand better what need to put MakeValid in gdal/ogr.

So i give my 2ct opinion:

Put the makevalid in gdal will need put gdal obbligatory for postgis.

I guess these open the street to some trouble:

Infact gdal need to have a geos in their install.
But also postgis need to have a geos lib in it install, and they should be
different.

And again we will have the strange situation that compiling gdal it ask ask
for postgis path and compiling gdal , it ask for postgis path.

I fear this should create some trouble to the user, and discovering this
troubles after should be a very bad situation.

Perhaps a better choice should be put ALL the Libwlgeom in gdal/ogr ?

So gdal should not need for postgis (it should be the postgis).

--
Andrea Peri