[postgis-devel] gen2 raster iterator tutorial

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:31:05 PDT 2011

Caveats:

The "spatial collection" framework, a key part of gen2 which allows us
to write useful code without being concerned as to whether the
information came from a raster or vector data type, seems to be the
big ticket item now.

I renamed the "raster iterator engine" to "sampling engine". Same
idea, better execution.

So without further delay:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiSpatialCollectionTutorial

I'm still writing code, so this isn't on a ticket yet. But it is on
github if you want to check it out (or better yet, help out). The
total addition to postgis is ~2500-3000, I'd guess. You'll have to
confine yourself to "just browsing", as I'm just checking in code when
I get to a good checkpoint, not necessarily when it doesn't break the
build. :)

https://github.com/bnordgren/postgis/tree/ri-gen2-arch

Some relevant files are:

liblwgeom/
  spatial_collection.[ch]
  sc_implementation.c

raster/rt_api
 sc_raster.h
 sc_raster_impl.c

raster/rt_pg
 rt_collection.[ch]

I should be on IRC during the code sprint tomorrow. Night night.

Bryce