[postgis-devel] XSLTPROCFLAGS - empty vs undefined

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Apr 8 08:13:20 PDT 2012

I'm packaging 2.0 for pkgsrc, and having two small issues.
(One is the lack of a single target to build main and docs; more later
on that.)

in doc/Makefile.in, there is this code:

ifeq ($(XSLTPROCFLAGS),)
        XSLTPROCFLAGS=--nonet
endif

to set --nonet (which is indeed conceptually right), but I'm trying to
avoid it right now because the mathml dtd is not packaged (probably
because of this default-to-download bug in xsltproc).

If the environment has "XSLTPROCFLAGS=", resulting in $XSLTPROCFLAGS
being empty, as opposed to undefined, --nonet is still added.

I tried "XSLTPROCFLAGS=--verbose", which seems to have worked, in that
--nonet wasn't passed, but I killed the build after 738MB of log output.

I don't know how to write the above gmake code differently, but it seems
it's in order.  Alternatively, there could be a variable to define to
change the behavior, perhaps:

ifneq ($(XSLTPROC_ALLOW_NET),t)
        XSLTPROCFLAGS=--nonet
endif