[postgis-devel] Resigning from the PSC

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Wed Jun 20 12:50:11 PDT 2012

PSC Members,

I am resigning my position on the PostGIS PSC. Due to a change in my
career path, I will no longer be working full time at Refractions
Research and as such there will be no time to continue my (presently
minor) role in the project.

Further to this, there will be no one to maintain the Hudson build
server here at Refractions. This server also plays a fairly significant
role in releases and the continuous updates to the web site (svn
snapshots, documentation, etc). I'm not sure if OSGeo can provide some
infrastructure to support these functions, or if it would makes sense
for some other sponsor to try replicate the Hudson setup. It took Kevin
a while to put together the mechanism for compiling and testing all of
the different versions of postgresql/geos/postgis/etc and it's a pretty
solid setup if someone just knows enough to keep it going (I barely do).

Whatever alternative the project moves to, it will be easier for me to
help with the transition if it happens before July 6th. The current
hudson server won't cease to exist at that time, but it will be in an
essentially unsupported, unmaintained state.

It's been fun, I wish you all the best.

Chris