[postgis-devel] Raster support in 2.0.0

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Fri Mar 30 11:26:25 PDT 2012

Would it be possible to package a gdal-minimal package which is compiled
with minimal support and thus would require many fewer dependencies? And
then PostGIS would just require a package which provides GDAL-API,
provided by either of gdal or gdal-minimal?

Of course the super-duper awesome solution would be for gdal to resolve
it's dependencies at run-time (like apache modules) but I don't even
really understand what it would take to do that and I doubt it is going
to happen.

I must have missed the vote where we decided to make raster a
requirement... that said, I wouldn't want it to NOT be in the redhat
packaged version, simply because gdal had too many pre-reqs.

Chris