[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Nov 30 07:35:04 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:51:26PM +0000, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 30 November 2012 14:22, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> >
> > All of this seems to me as something that should be dealt with
> > in upper levels, not value level.
>
> What is the upper level?

Whoever is having problems with the extent now being larger than expected.
Is that the issue, right ?

I see the extent in raster_columns is returned by:
_raster_constraint_info_extent(n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname) AS extent

Could that function figure if it's a "regular blocking" table by looking
at other constraints and encode padding in those constraints ?