[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Nov 30 08:16:02 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 08:07:57AM -0800, Bborie Park wrote:

> > Couldn't (or doesn't) a constraint contain the original extent ?
> > The same information that you would have put into the raster_column field.
> >

> It could be done as a constraint... a constraint that does not enforce
> anything.  The problem with constraints that don't enforce anything is
> that they're static and may go out of date...

It could also constraint: all raster tiles  must be covered bu that extent.

> There are a whole set of constraints present...
>
> srid
> extent

^^^ so there's one already ?

> width/height
> scaleX/scaleY
> skewX/skewY
> alignment
> number of bands
> pixel type of each band
> in-db/out-db of each band
>
> The proposed addition of attributes is the correct solution but when
> can we implement said solution?  Can we take advantage of the
> "version" variable in the serialized raster to make a change,
> particularly if we maintain support for prior versions?

You mean the change in the serialized value ? Really ?
16*2 bits enforced on all values for a "corner" case ?

--strk;

 http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your data

                                       ~~ http://strk.keybit.net