[postgis-devel] AddRasterConstraints failing to create extents in raster_column view

ryagz raghavendra at vizexperts.com
Wed Apr 17 07:04:21 PDT 2013

>All constraints generated through AddRasterConstraints() is done on
>the data in the table.  You can always load one raster file and apply
>those constraints that can are common for all raster files, usually
>SRID, scale, skew, blocksize, same alignment, number of bands, pixel
>types, nodata_values and out-db.

If i get values like SRID, Scale etc from a raster file can i directly set
those as rasterConstraints? if so, can u please refer me to how it can be
done.

>What output is there when you try to apply the extent constraint?  Are
>you getting the message "Unable to get the extent of the raster
>column. Attempting memory efficient (slower) approach"?

_add_raster_constraint_extent is also taking quite some time, i would have
to apply this on base table and all the overview tables. so cumulatively its
large. Please let me know if this can also be reduced some way.

>See what happens when you call the underlying extent constraint
>addition function:
>SELECT _add_raster_constraint_extent(SCHEMA_NAME, TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME);

I tried the query SELECT _add_raster_constraint_extent('tkp_testing',
'test_wb32_64', 'rast');

and the return result was 'f'.

Output message was :

NOTICE:  Unable to get the extent of a sample raster

Total query runtime: 355277 ms.
1 row retrieved.