[postgis-devel] AddRasterConstraints failing to create extents in raster_column view

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 19:38:54 PDT 2013

All constraints generated through AddRasterConstraints() is done on
the data in the table.  You can always load one raster file and apply
those constraints that can are common for all raster files, usually
SRID, scale, skew, blocksize, same alignment, number of bands, pixel
types, nodata_values and out-db.

What output is there when you try to apply the extent constraint?  Are
you getting the message "Unable to get the extent of the raster
column. Attempting memory efficient (slower) approach"?

See what happens when you call the underlying extent constraint
addition function:

SELECT _add_raster_constraint_extent(SCHEMA_NAME, TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME);

-bborie