[postgis-devel] Loading Raster Overviews with gdal

ryagz raghavendra at vizexperts.com
Thu Jan 24 08:22:55 PST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to load postgis raster into an application which *gdal*. The
created overviews for the base image using raster2pgsql as bellow:

raster2pgsql -s 4236 -I -t 256x256 -l 2,4,8,16,32.64,128,256,512 -F
E:\test_data\doda1.tiff -d raster_test.doda_256x256_ov10 | psql.exe -U
postgres -d postgis -h localhost -p 5432

When i check in pgadmin, all the overviews are created properlyi. Now when i
load the raster again into the application using the base image
"doda_256x256_ov10" again, the performance remains the same. I am not clear
which table name should be given to the application so that the application
interactively switches between the overviews as i zoom in and zoom out.

Kindly let me know wat could be done so as to improve my performance for
zooming in and zooming out.

Ryagz