[postgis-devel] Packaging PostGIS 1.4 into custom RPM

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Tue Jul 30 01:52:55 PDT 2013

On 07/24/2013 04:23 PM, Wilkins, Brian wrote:

> All,
>
> I maintain several different systems and build custom RPMs for our
> various pieces of software. What is the preferred method to build a
> custom PostGIS RPM? Since --prefix is broken for PostGIS 1.4.2, can I
> just use make install --DESTDIR=<my dest dir> and move the files that
> end up under the subdirectory usr to my top-level destination
> directory and build a RPM from my destination directory?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

if you're using PostgreSQL as provided by the distro,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS or Fedora src.rpm
packages might be a good starting point for repackaging.
If your on RHEL/Fedora and need a more current version of PostgreSQL,
have a look at the packages at http://yum.postgresql.org/

Regards,

Peter

Peter Hopfgartner