[postgis-devel] Packaging PostGIS 1.4 into custom RPM

Wilkins, Brian bwilkins at harris.com
Tue Jul 30 05:13:23 PDT 2013

Thanks Peter. I looked at the RPM for the PostGIS source and determined that nothing particularly special was going on, so I was able to use DESTDIR but had to move the files out of /opt/postgis/usr and back to the top level. The important part was that PostGIS was still linked to the right GEOS and Proj at /opt/geos and /opt/proj, which I determined by doing a ldd on the postgis-1.4.so file under lib64.

Brian