[postgis-devel] license question

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Fri Apr 4 05:13:13 PDT 2014

Dear postgis developers,

upon the recent upload of postgis-2.1.2, Thorsten Alteholz from the
Debian FTP team notified me that the license for the files in
extras/ogc_test_suite/* is unclear (to him and me at least) [0].

Assuming these files are distributed under the OGC Document Notice, the
postgis source tarball - as it stands - would be considered non-free by
Debian.

I'm not going to move postgis to the non-free area, but would rather
repack a tarball without those files and keep it in main. However,
ideally, can you please clarify the license situation.

Regards

Markus

[0]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=743489