[postgis-devel] license question

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Apr 4 05:26:02 PDT 2014

It’s probably unclear to the OGC as well.

From the originating document itself:

The companies listed above have granted the Open GIS Consortium, Inc. (OGC) a nonexclusive, royalty-free, paid up, worldwide license to copy and distribute this document and to modify this document and distribute copies of the modified version.
Each of the copyright holders list above has agreed that no person shall be deemed to have infringed the copyright, in the included material of any such copyright holder by reason of having used the specification set forth herein or having conformed any computer software to the specification.

Make of it what you will.

http://postgis.net
http://cleverelephant.ca