[postgis-devel] Entry point to a "create index" query

mohit kumar mohitkharb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 01:48:23 PDT 2014

Hi Strk,
spgist has a different datastructures for every support function so making
it difficult to use a geometry datatype.
using geometry as the datatype is also not helping.
in every case I am getting stuck in the very first line of the the code.

Regards,
Mohit

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 01:43:39PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am still stuck at the implemantation of sp-gist on geometry in postgis
> as
> > the structures for spgist support functions are not supporting geometry
> > datatypes (box2df in my case).
>
> Spgist support functions are those you register yourself in the OPERATOR
> CLASS creation. What does it mean they don't support geometry datatypes ?
> And why is it a box2df if we already found out some weeks ago that spgist
> does not support an index storage type different from the target type ?
>
> > spgConfigOut is not taking POINTOID or VOIDOID as a valid datatype and
> > giving a segmentation fault.
> > Also by printing spgConfingOut, it prints integer value of 10 not a
> memory
> > address which a pointer should give.
>
> If you pass "%d" as the format string, the generated code will print
> an integer whatever you pass as an argument. You want to use "%p" to
> print a memory address. See `man 3 printf`.
>
> --strk;

Mohit Kumar
+91-970-3840-175
Lab For Spatial Informatics
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad, India