[postgis-devel] Entry point to a "create index" query

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Aug 12 01:30:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 01:43:39PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am still stuck at the implemantation of sp-gist on geometry in postgis as
> the structures for spgist support functions are not supporting geometry
> datatypes (box2df in my case).

Spgist support functions are those you register yourself in the OPERATOR
CLASS creation. What does it mean they don't support geometry datatypes ?
And why is it a box2df if we already found out some weeks ago that spgist
does not support an index storage type different from the target type ?

> spgConfigOut is not taking POINTOID or VOIDOID as a valid datatype and
> giving a segmentation fault.
> Also by printing spgConfingOut, it prints integer value of 10 not a memory
> address which a pointer should give.

If you pass "%d" as the format string, the generated code will print
an integer whatever you pass as an argument. You want to use "%p" to
print a memory address. See `man 3 printf`.