[postgis-devel] [transifex] Translating code comments and commands output?

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Jan 5 12:24:16 PST 2014

On 5 January 2014 20:19, George Silva <georger.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same discussion with another member of the Italian team (i think).
>
> I think it's better to not translate the outputs, only comments in the code.
>
> The chances that a newbie user will see the same results are greater,
> generating less confusion, but we can go either way.
>
> What do you guys/gals think?

I had chat with Regina on IRC #postgis.
Here is Regina's opinion, hopefully she doesn't mind I'm forwarding :)

<robe2> mloskot: no opinion on sql comment translation -- I guess so
but then we should probably not have comments as part of the program
listing. I've een lazy in that regard just throwing it in
<robe2> I'm just thinking about maintenance
<robe2> mloskot: my general thinking is we should focus on translating
the non-code comments first unless its just as easy to translate oth
since you are there anyway

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
--