[postgis-devel] Transifex, translation and branches

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Oct 18 00:11:08 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 03:30:27PM -0300, George Silva wrote:
> Yes, it's postgis-1 because I first created on my account and it was not
> correct. I just changed it to just postgis, not postgis-1.

Thanks, I'm going to update the references in the codebase.

> When you mean outdated, you are saying that we are translating on "old"
> files, that the docs were updated, but these files to translated were not?
> Is that correct?

Yes, correct.

> Transifex is now automatically updating the files, on branch svn-trunk. Any
> changes made to the po files there will be reflected on Transifex.

The po files in the SVN repository are outdated.

The reason is that the "update-po" rule is set to only rebuild .pots
when the corresponding .xml is updated, but this can only work if you
didn't get both the .xml and the outdated .pot at the same time from
the repository...

The template for introduction.xml was last generated in 2012.

I could change the rule to always generate them, but then we'd have
them all always updated even if the .xml source doesn't change, due
to a field in the .xml.pot file being "Date of creation", so I'm planning
to write a more complex rule that only updates those .pots IFF they'd be
different from the previous, and not just for the "Creation date".